Tuesday 10 May 2016

Why Do I Read?

I started reading at 8, I took myself out of school officially and legally and started teaching myself. I was the most happiest when teaching myself random things that caught my interest. When I came out of school I still could not read nor write because of bad teachers and Learning Difficulties.

It took my a painful amount of time to begging reading, it started of small sentence broken up to small pieces and then more sentences wether it was on the internet or in educational books. The first book I actually read after teaching myself to read was Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. It took a while to get into with the old fashioned and complicated words but then all of a sudden I was captivated.

The biggest influence I had to read was the film adaptation Matilda, I loved how she could escape into a whole new world and how she became so smart at such a young age through the help of reading. I loved the library scene where she is still a toddler and walks herself to the library just to get a new book out.

After a time I began to fully get into reading, I would go to Car Boot sales and pick up a armful of books for a few pounds. I would go into Charity Shops and find books to read in there. One of the biggest book influences that kept me reading is Jacqueline Wilson and Cathy Cassidy. These two authors paved the way into the wonder book world.

Also a big part of me picking up and reading books was because of pretty covers, I am still happily the exact same when it comes to books.

I also needed an escape from real life, the books helped me live another life I wouldn't get to, I get to travel and live between the pages of books.

Anastasia x

No comments:

Post a Comment