Tuesday 24 May 2016

My Opinion on Goodreads

For anyone that doesn't know what Goodreads is, it is a book media where you can rate and review all the books you have read, set up personal book challenges for the year plus update them, find new books to read, start up a TBR with Goodreads, add book enthusiasts and talk about books with them or join groups related to books.

So I will start wit the positive things:

I love adding over people who love books as much as me, it makes me feel that I'm not alone in this book world, I love having an account of what books I have read and also what books I want to read all in one place. Since being on Goodreads I have so many great books that I want to read that are slightly different from what I normally read which is great since I can broaden my horizons.

Friendly people. I have met some really lovely people since starting on the site, I've talked to a good few people and started on some amazing groups! So far I have had a positive experience on Goodreads and I really am enjoying it. Also I'm really enjoying reading books and also posting what I'm feeling about the book or how far I am coming along with the book it makes the reading experience so much more fun.

Lets go on to Cons.
I would count this as a con, wanting too many books. There are so many books I have wanted to read since starting out on there and then of course I made it worse buy asking for recommendations... probably shouldn't of done that, plus you get to see pictures of books and some where just so pretty or beautiful I just had to click Want To Read I just had to.

Reviews, some of the reviews have been rather horrid. I have seen some before when I was not a member and some where just really harsh, more like having a rant than actually putting a review with formed sentences and explanations of the books. I think as a review you have to try and say positives with the negatives to show that you can put Pros and Cons to make it a level review with your opinion in there. I don't see the point in just hating a book and then sending a shitty review without  real reason for hating the book.

Personally I like to try and keep the good and the bad in a book review I don't want to be harsh simply because that is just not how I am.

So that's my opinion on Goodreads.
Anastasia x

No comments:

Post a Comment