Wednesday 25 May 2016

A Reading Update/ TBR Meltdown

So last month (23/4/2016). I had just over 70 physical books that I owned in Paperback/Hardbacks that needed to be read. Somehow I have mated to get that total up to 84 books this month not including 1 Graphic Novel, 3 Comic Samples, 6 Arcs, 1 Old Comic and 5 Short Stories!

I don't know where I went wrong really, This months (May 25th) I have read 9 books so far and in April I read 8 books. Not including my good reads TBR which is over 100 books. I just love buying books, where I live there is so many places to get second hand, cheap books and that just widens my book reading genres. It makes me so happy because I could have £10 and buy over 10 books with that money, unlike the bookstores where books are priced £7.99 or over per book unless you get the By One Get One Free deals but even then it's still pricey

I just love the experience of walking in to a shop and going to the secondhand book section, taking a second to breathe in the beautiful smell of old must books, I love the fact that someone else has read the same book, someone cherished it and enjoyed the books, for me that just adds to the book experience and high tens my interest in the book.

Currently I am reading 3 books 2 are Arcs for Authors and the other is rather slow process. I do like the books but I have to admit I am liking the 2 Arcs more than Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch. They just seem more out there and different, they break more boundaries, connections to the plot itself and I just personally like them more.

Anastasia x

No comments:

Post a Comment