Tuesday 12 April 2016

New Review: Rebel of The Sands by Alwyn Hamilton

This wasn't a book I would normally go out of my way to pick and read,  I haven't really had much experience with desert type of books actually this is probably my first desert book. Luckily it was a fast paced book but was hard at fist to find my bearings.

I think the only critiques I personally have about the books is the amount of names within the book and also the difficulty of pronouncing a lot of the names which made me lose track through the plot.

The other critique I have about the book is the quantity of Town/Country names, again I found them hard to pronounce and also hard to remember making it difficult to keep on track with the book.

I loved the complexity and depth of the characters it really helped enrich the story, The vision that developed was stunning and just got better and better the more the book progressed I could picture everything that was happening and that to me makes the book just that much better.

Rebel of The Sands is about seventeen year old Amani who is sadly an orphan after her mother was hanged when Amani was a little girl. Amani desperately seekes to escape the small town she is trapped in to find her long lost aunt in Izman.

Amani is fearless, determind and nonchalant all the way through her exciting, challenging adventure as she manages to escape and runaway with the foreigner Jin who was nearly caught as a traitor where she lived.

Amani and Jin escape on a whirlwind adventure running from the Gallan soldiers out to capture the traitor and falling into the hands of the legend and myth that is the runaway Prince's rebellion.

Amazing book to read.
Anastasia

No comments:

Post a Comment