Thursday 21 January 2016

Seed by Lisa Heathfield

I think maybe I should start by saying this book is an emotional book to read. There are hints to sexual abuse in the book but as I said just hints.


So the book is about a girl called Pearl who has lived her whole life in this place called seed . they belive that mother nature is the way, the ladies when they have there once a month mother nature call get pregnant to keep the cycle going whether they like it or not.


Pearl only feels happiness at seed she never sees the bad until a 'outsider' shows the true nature of Papa 'S Seeds group leader. Things go from bad to worse but can Pearl see the truth?.

So this was an emotional book to read because of how shut away Pearl is and how sad it is. But I feel like I have grown stronger having read Seed. I The book was amazingly written and I cannot fault the book in its entirety.

Truly amazing.

 Anastasia x

No comments:

Post a Comment