Monday 18 January 2016

Carry On- Rainbow Rowell

So this will be the third book I have read from the amazingly talented author Rainbow Rowell. You can check out my review of Fangirl here: http://anastasiarobsonwolfe.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/fangirl-rainbow-rowell.html.

So lets talk about Carry On, this was such a clever book in my opinion. The book was connected to Fangirl in the sense that The girl in Fangirl called Cath, Cath wrote fan fiction on media and was obsessed with creating these stories. And so Rainbow Rowell created Carry On as the fan fiction Cath wrote on media. Clever eh!

So the fan fiction is about a 17 year old called Simon who is meant to be the most powerful magician of all time!. He goes to a school for magicians called Watford in Britain, his roommate Baz is secretly a vampire but Simon has had his suspicions since he saw Baz.

There are serious threats and dangers around every corner for Simon including the most evil thing even known. The Insidious Humdrum. The Insidious Humdrum has been trying to kill Simon since he appeared at Watford but can Simon finally defeat him once and for all?.

So this normally isn't something I would be into reading but I loved every single page of the book. The book cover is so lovely and amazing, and my edition has an old style bookmark piece of ribbon. I can't believe how intricate the detail were and how brought to life the book was. I really can't say enough good things about this book.

It's a must read!

Anastasia x

No comments:

Post a Comment