Tuesday 10 November 2015

The Picture of Dorian Gray- Oscar Wilde

So my thoughts are negative about this book. I was really looking forward to reading this book and heard such great things for the book but was rather disappointed.

The book is about a young man called Oscar, he is wealthy and of high class within the communities.

Because of his amazingly handsome good looks a painter called Basil creates a stunning piece of artwork that makes Dorian realize he will lose his stunning looks to old age and makes a wish for the painting to grow old whilst he stays youthful.

Dorian becomes evil hearted as the painting controls his life and is a living nightmare.

This book didn't progress well like the big events that builds to the massive dilemma or anything to that degree there was no real build up at all.

Also not everything stayed on the topics it would drift off, especially at one point it dragged on over 4 pages and I had no idea what it was about as it wasn't specific to the book.

I think the characters rambled on too much about nothing, the sentences weren't direct enough to make any sort of sense for me.

I probably won't be reading this book again but I respect other people thought dearly about this book.
Anastasia x






No comments:

Post a Comment