Wednesday 4 November 2015

Dorothy Must Die- Danielle Paige

Wow, wow and just wow!

I loved reading this book, when I wasn't reading about it I was thinking about the next plot twist or the next smart ass remark made by the main character.

I have to say when I heard it was a book based on The Wizard of Oz but was a remake and more....twisted I was sold hook, line and sinker. I love twisted 'fairy tales' or different versions like Alex Flinn's Beastly which is The Beauty and the Beast.

Dorothy Must Die is about a girl called Amy who has a rough life after her dad had an affair and left with the other lady, her mum had an accident but managed to get hooked on her medicine and also drugs/alcohol.

After a tornado hits where Amy lives in Kansas somehow throwing her into the nightmare that is Oz, not the fairy tale Oz we all know but the one where Dorothy controls everyone and everything. Can Amy save Oz from the pending destruction of Oz?

No comments:

Post a Comment