Tuesday 7 June 2016

Things People Say In Relation To Books That Piss Me Off

I should probably do a disclaimer here, yes these things do piss me off but I do know the intentions are for the good but after years of these sentences that many have uttered to me... Yeah I feel it's right to share them and let them be known.

They annoy me for a number of reasons and I am sure I am not the only one who feels this. Or I hope I am not the only one who feels this agony with some of these experiences.

  • 'Oh you read, if you read then obviously you have read this book and that book it's a classic so of course you have read this'.
  • When people start up conversations with me full well knowing that I am trying to read and also fully aware that i do not want to be disturbed.
  • 'What are you reading?' They ask whilst I am reading and do not want to be disturbed.
  • 'If you haven't read this specific book then clearly you don't read as much as you say you do'.
  • 'I read this book and because you read I must suggest it to you regardless of you liking this genre or not.
  • Judging me because I read or making assumptions based on me reading or even the materials I read.
  • When most adults give me book recommendations.
  • When people assume that because you work in a bookshop that you know where every single book is and what the book is about.
  • When people make assumptions that I have read every book out there and then begin testing my book knowledge or saying oh have you read this or that in a test way.
  • When someone starts judging me because I haven't read a book they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment