Thursday 17 December 2015

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margret Sthol

So this was a sort of shadowed, unpopular..ish book series when they first came out... well from where I am from, the books were underrated and unknown. But also I was stupid and read the second book first.... I know very smart.

When I heard there was going to be a film out for Beautiful Creatures I was super excited but forgot all about actually going to see the film..... Yes another smart move from me!

I did watch the movie a few months ago and really, really loved the film. It was dark and enchanting like a beautiful nightmare.

The story line is about a girl called Lena and she turns up in Gatlin living under the roof of the town recluse 'Old Man Ravenwood'. Because Lena is living with Mr Ravenwood she instantly is disliked by the entire town apart from one person, the one person who can't resist Lena.

But there are too many secrets that posses Lena, who she is, who she is too become, whether she is dark or light.

The book was really, really good. I loved every page of the book and the plot twist's were breathtakingly magnificent.

I think maybe the story line took place kind of too far into the book, but I also get that it did help make the story really hit home, and made me understand the towns hate towards outsiders.

Brilliant book. Next review will be The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Anastasia x

No comments:

Post a Comment